Keep in touch with the Salimpour™ School: workshops, certification, music, and more.
Salimpour Teaching 2: Exam
Salimpour Teacher Licensing 2 Exam
L502b : Exam
The Salimpour Licensing 2 short course is the project-based exam for Licensing 2. At the end of the exam, you must receive a “pass” determination on each exam portion to receive Salimpour Licensing 2, which allows you to teach Fundamentals 2 (J1) and Foundations 2 (J2), and provide CECs for local classes by paying a fee for a specified period of time. In this course, you demonstrate your ability to teach content from Fundamentals 2 (J1) and Foundations 2 (J2) by submitting assignments online for evaluation. Successful completion (a “pass” determination on all projects) of this course is required for Salimpour Licensing 2.
To take the Salimpour Licensing 2 course, students must have:
- Current Teacher 1 Certification (S5).
- Current Teacher 1 Licensing.
- Current Teacher 2 Certification (J5).
- Formal approval from Suhaila.
- Other items as noted in the Salimpour Institute page.
Course Details, Preparation, Prerequisites, and Expectations information for this course can be found on the Salimpour Institute page here.
Online Course Payment, Transfer, and Withdrawal Policy
- Online course payment policy:
- Enrollment course fees/tuition payments are due in full by the ‘balance due’ dates listed in the online store.
- Enrollment course fees/tuition payments are due in full before the student may participate in or be given access to the course.
- If enrollment course fees/tuition payments are not paid in full by the balance due date, participants will be automatically removed from the course. The student will be automatically enrolled in the next course minus $500.
- Enrollment course fees/tuition payments are non-refundable.
- Online courses have limited attendance. Registration is guaranteed only to those students who pay the amounts by the designated published deadlines.
- A $50.00 fee applies to all returned checks.
- Online course payment transfer policy:
- All transfer requests must be in writing.
- Enrollment/online course fees/tuition payments can be transferred to another online course, one time only, for a $100 transfer fee; this applies to both medical and non-medical related transfers.
- A request for a non-medical related transfer must be made at least three months (at least 91 days) before Day 1 of the online course. The request should be submitted by email to email@example.com. Transfer of payment will only be completed if Suhaila approves the request.
- A request for a medical related transfer must be made on or by Day 1 of the online course. Suhaila’s staff must receive an up-to-date doctor’s note regarding the medical emergency/ medical issue that prevents the student from participating in the course. Transfer of payment will only be completed once Suhaila Staff has received the doctor’s note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An approved transferred payment can only be applied to the same number/level online course held within one year from the first date of the initial course.
- Online course payments/tuition may not be transferred from one person to another. Student’s cannot “sell” their spot in the course.
- Online course withdrawal policy:
- All withdrawal requests must be in writing.
- Students may withdraw from the course within seven days of the beginning of the course. In such cases, the student does not get a refund. Their payments will be transferred and applied toward another course within the year for minus a $300 transfer fee.
- Students who withdraw from a course after the first seven days, for any reason, will forfeit all payments made for that course.
Online Course Homework Policy
- Online course homework policy:
- Prep courses- the online testing preparation courses were designed to prepare students for the online certification exams. Preparation courses give students an opportunity to receive feedback that will help them improve as dancers and work towards certification. If coursework is turned in late, the submitted material will not be reviewed and the student will miss out on receiving feedback for that assignment, which may prevent the student from receiving approval to enroll in the exam course. Assignments may take 10-20 hours each week to complete.
- Exam courses- students who are enrolled in the online exam courses are expected to submit all assignments on time. If an assignment is turned in late, the student will not receive credit for that assignment. No refunds will be offered for failed exam courses that were the result of assignments being submitted late. Assignments may take 10-20 hours each week to complete.
- Pre-course/pre-test homework- Most testing preparation courses allow for choreography video to be submitted for evaluation and approval (“sign-off”) prior to testing. Most of these courses require that the choreography video (often with related assignments such as mapping or gridwork) be submitted the week prior to the official start date of the course. During the course, the student will typically have one additional opportunity to submit a choreography for approval as a mandatory pre-testing requirement. The courses are paced evenly and strategically to guide the student through the material. Late choreography and technique assignments may not be graded or evaluated, which may affect (and even prohibit) a student’s ability to test in the next available exam. (With permission, students might have the option to take private lessons for an additional fee. In other cases, they may be required to retake the testing preparation course before taking the exam.)
Institute Course Exam Fees
Online Course Exam Fees After the student has “passed” a completed test preparation course, they may register for the Fundamentals, Foundations, and Intermediate online course exam. Each exam includes an...
View full product details →
Institute Performance Exam Fees
Performance Course Exam Fees To certify at the Performance level, students are required to complete four separate performances that take the place of written exams. The planning and preparation for...
View full product details →
Renew your Suhaila or Jamila certification for another two years. Be sure to submit the required CECs for your certification extension.
For more information: About CECS.
View full product details →